Nitin Singhania Art and Culture
Nitin Singhania is one of the famous teachers for the Art and Culture UPSC Subject. Download Nitin Singhania Art and Culture Book PDF here. Nitin Singhania holds a Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree in Economics from Presidency College, Kolkata.
Nitin Singhania Art and Culture Content
Additions to Third Edition in Nitin Singhania Art and Culture
02 New Chapters –
- India through the eyes of foreign travellers.
- Buddhism and Jainism
01 New appendix – Current Affairs related to India Art & Culture.
- New Topics in Chapter – 1: Details of important IVC sites like Chanhudaro, Kot Diji, Suktagandor, Balu, aimabad, Kot Bala, Keralano-dhoro and Maand. Details of Badami Cave temple architecture, prominent temples outside India, Derasar and Basadis, Whispering Gallaries in India, Awadh Architecture.
- New Topics in Chapter – 2: Gudahandi and Yogimatha Rock Shelter under Prehistoric paintings, Ganjifa Cards, Tikuli Art, newer and more relevant images, more flow charts.
- New Topics in Chapter – 3: Important details of more sarees like – Uppada Jamdani Saree, Venkatagiri Saree, Kotpad Saree. Table on Important Metal crafts like – Aranmula Kannadi (Metal Mirror), Netturpetti jewellery boxes, Chandi Tarkashi, Swamimalai Bronze, Leather crafts – Konglan Stitched Boots, Paabu Stitched Boots, Kolhapuri chappal, Katki chappal, Tilla Jutti, Mojari, Multani Khussa. Table on important Wood crafts like – Nirmal Painting, Kashtakari wood carving, Santalum (Sandalwood carving), Khatamband Woodcraft, Sikki Grass Craft, Shital Patti Grass mat, Khunda – Bamboo staves, Kawad Mobile shrines, Choktse Tables, etc. Embroideries like Khatwa Applique work, Lambani, Sozni (or suzani), Gara, Kimkhab, Dongaria Scarf – Kapragonda, etc. Variety of Weavings in India – Pata Weaving, Mashru Weaving, Bohra Cap weaving, Patku Weaving, Pattu Weaving, Wangkhei Phee, Shaphee Lanphee, etc. Durrie (Floor mat) Weaving in India – Musallah Rug, Namda Felted Rugs, Kaleen, Khabdan, Navalgund Durrie, Jamakalam, etc. Extensive table on Tie & Dye, Cloth Painting and Cloth Printing varieties with new additions like – Paagadu Bandhu Tie & Dye, Tehlia Rumal, Ajrakh Printing, Mata Ni Pachedi, Thigma, Pichhwai, Dabu, Muthangi, Tangaliya Shawl, Dhalapathar Parda & Fabrics, Kani Shawl, etc. Table on other famous handicarfts of India.
- New Topics in Chapter – 4: Map at the end of the book, updation of 02 more recently declared UNESCO heritage sites.
- New Topics in Chapter – 5: Early exponents of Carnatic music, Trinity of Carnatic music. Addition of important folk songs – Jhumair, Borgeet, Jhoori. Musical instrument Santoor & an institution Prayag Sangeet Samiti.
- New Topics in Chapter – 6: Important Folk Dances Hulivesha, Tippani, Garadi, Tera Tali, Hojagiri, etc.
- New Topics in Chapter 11: Details of Kumbha Mela as UNESCO intangible cultural heritage.
- New Topics in Chapter – 13: Qissa-i-Sanjan, prominent Synagogues in India, elaborate details on types of Jews in India. Details of other prominent religions like Sanamahism, Ayyavazhi, Sarnaism, Bahai faith, etc.
- New Topics in Chapter – 15: Elaborate Zoroastrian literature, Ardas in Sikh literature, Champu style of writing, additions in Medieval literature, etc.
- New Topics in Chapter – 20: Hindu festivals now placed in easy table format. Important festivals Nabakalebar, Moatsu Mong, Yemshe, Losar, Khan, etc added.
- New Topics in Chapter -21: Inclusion of important Bharat Ratna awardees, completely new set of Mock Questions.
- New Topics in Appendix – 02: Flow chart on bhakti movement, elaborate table on bhakti saints.
- New Topics in Appendix – 04: Recent Geographical Indications added category wise and in a table format.
Also, the Previous Year’s Questions of 2018, 2019, and a new set of Practice Questions have been included in the required chapters.
Along with such huge changes as mentioned above, more relevant images have been added in the book considering the need of aspirants and the toughness of Civil Services and other competitive examinations.
Nitin Singhania Art and Culture Book Details
|Book Name –||Indian art and culture by Nitin Singhania.|
|Author Name-||Nitin Singhania|
|Publication-||McGraw Hill Publication|
Nitin Singhania Art and Culture 3rd edition
Nitin Singhania Art and Culture book are one of the best books for art and culture. so advise you to purchase it from amazon for clear understanding.
To Read UPSC Art and Culture Quick and Comprehensive Revision notes Visit our Telegram Channel.
Join Our Telegram Channel For more Updates.
Download Hand Written Notes of Nitin Singhania Art and Culture
Comment for any query and feedback.
All PDFs that are provided here are for Education purposes solely. Please utilize them for building your information and don’t use them industrially. we have a tendency to request you to respect our diligence. we have a tendency to area unit Providing Everything Free Here. pdfgozar.com won’t Charge Any price For Any Service Here.
If you’re new UPSC field, we have a tendency to suggest you understand UPSC Prelims and UPSC Mains and UPSC elective and take a look at Series [Prelims/Mains] and conjointly Magazine for higher Understanding. All our Advertisements Maineasure tight ads [we don’t compromise within the Quality] and if anyone has any downside with the web site or advertisements please contact me [email protected]
Pdfgozar also provides you with the pdf material for SSC, Banking, Defence, and State PCS Exams. We also provide the test series for UPSC, EPFO, SSC, and all other exams, by various well-known institutions such as vision IAS, GS Score, Shankar IAS, etc.
pdfgozar.com doesn’t own this book, neither created nor scanned. we have a tendency to simply provide the links already offered on the net. if any means it violates the law or has any problems then kindly contact us. Thank you.